What is Crown?
A crown is a cover or “cap” your dentist can put on a tooth. The crown restores the tooth to its normal shape, size and function. The purpose of a crown is to make the tooth stronger or improve the way it looks.
Why need a crown?
One may need a crown if one:
- have a cavity that is too large for a filling
- need to cover a dental implant
- have a tooth that is cracked, worn down or otherwise weakened
- have had root canal treatment—the crown will protect the restored tooth
- want to cover a discolored or badly shaped tooth and improve your smile!
A crown can also help you bite and chew better, which can positively impact other systems in your body, such as a your digestive system.
How will my Dental Crown look natural?
Crowns are made from several types of materials. Metal alloys, ceramics, porcelain, composite resin, or combinations of these materials may be used.
Each dental crown is color matched to your existing, natural teeth. If you are considering teeth whitening, you may need to teeth whiten beforehand. This will ensure a seamless match.
We at kishore Dental, want to create a crown that looks natural and fits comfortably in your mouth. We will decide on the material for your crown, considering the tooth location, the position of the gum tissue and, the patient’s preference, the amount of tooth that shows when you smile, the color or shade of the tooth, and the function of the tooth.